Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blood, sweat and tears ...





Before leaving for Nepal a friend of mine told me that documentaries are the blood, sweat and tears of the filmmaker.

It is some of the most sound advice I think I have ever gotten.

We just returned from Nepal's Terrai region. After 4 days solid of shooting in 45 C degree weather, I have returned to Kathmandu a little traumatized but still intact.


There are moments in everyone's lives that alter, in some way, the way we look at the world. For me, Anita was one of those moments.

More pictures and stories about the trip to come tomorrow. But for now ... sleep.


Hope everyone is doing great!

Jayme






1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written piece Jayme. It's truly humbling to hear what some must endure in this world. Looking forward to your next installment....

    ReplyDelete